Orvieto is in a strategic location with an incredible amount of interesting places to visit within an hour drive. A few kilometers southbound you can reach many enchanting places like the delightful medieval village of Porano, Lake Bolsena, Civita di Bagnoregio (the dying city), Castiglione in Teverina and the Bomarzo Monsters Park. Just north of Orvieto you can visit places that need no introduction: Todi, Città della Pieve, the Chianti area and the Monte Amiata.
(Click on the pic to view larger)
With just over an hour driving you can take trips to Siena, Florence and Perugia, or reach the Tyrrhenian coast at Monte Argentario and Castiglione della Pescaia.
For navigation systems: please use app Google Maps and enter Lavanda & Rosmarino – Orvieto (the GPS will lead you straight to the gate)
If you don’t have the app downloaded on the phone please follow these instructions:
- Exit at Orvieto
- At the toll take direction Orvieto
- After 1.3 km turn at the roundabout at the third exit direction Viterbo, Porano. Go under the overpass.
- After 1.5 Km take left towards Bagnoregio – Porano
- After 500 m. take left towards Channel.
- Go straight for 4 km until the entry sign in Canale Nuovo.
- After 200 meters from the sign Canale Nuovo road turn right (sign La Cacciata)
- After 600 meters first sign Canale Vecchio. Follow Belvedere direction.
- One hundred meters after the square of Canale Vecchio past. number 72 of Via Marte which you will find to your right, near the second sign Old Channel, go up the dirty road on the left. The guest parking is located just past the entrance.